- 15 Min. Prep
- 25 Min. Cook
- 4 Servings
This delicious butter chicken recipe combines warm, creamy sauce made with Knorr Halal Chicken Flavored Seasoning simmered with tender chicken to create the perfect comfort food for a weeknight or weekend dinner.
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. ginger, freshly grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (use full fat for maximum flavor)
- Salt (to taste)
- 1.5 lb / 750 g halal chicken thigh fillets or breast fillets, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tbsp. (30 g) ghee or butter, OR 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 cup heavy / thickened cream
- 1 1/2 tsp Knorr Halal Chicken Flavored Seasoning.
- To Garnish: Cilantro leaves
Marinate halal chicken pieces with salt, turmeric powder, lemon juice, garam masala powder, chili powder, ground cumin, ginger, garlic, and yogurt. For a rich flavor, refrigerate overnight.
Heat butter/ ghee / vegetable oil in a skillet. When it is hot enough, add the marinated chicken pieces. Do not add the extra marinade in the skillet at this time.
Fry the chicken pieces until they change color (they will turn white and not brown due to the marinade).
Now add the tomato puree, cream and Knorr Halal Chicken Flavored Seasoning, and the left over marinade. Some people like to add a bit of sugar at this point but this is optional as tomato puree brings enough sweetness to the sauce.
Let it simmer on low heat for about 20 minutes.
Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro and serve with hot plain/ garlic naan or fluffy cooked plain basmati rice.