- 20 Min. Prep
- 120 Min. Cook
- 8 Servings
- 1430 Calories
Tender beef kaldereta slow cooked over 2 hours for a melt-in-the-mouth feel and a taste sensation that evokes fond memories of Filipino fiestas. Learn how to make this traditional dish that’s a staple during special celebrations of all types and sizes.
- 1/2 lb beef liver (optional)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large onion, peeled and diced (3 cups)
- 5 medium size tomatoes, chopped (4 cups)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup Knorr® Liquid Seasoning
- 3 1/2 lbs beef round, cut into large chunks
- 10 bay leaves
- 5 cups water
- 1 can liver spread
- 1 tbsp steak sauce
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp sweet pickle relish
- ground pepper
- 2 large russet potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks (5 cups)
- 2 medium size carrots, peeled and cut into large chunks. (4 cups)
- 6 large hot dogs cut into bias
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- grated cheese (optional, cheddar or parmensan)
Sauté liver for 5 minutes until cooked through. Set aside to cool. When cool, chop into smaller pieces. Heat oil in a large Dutch oven and then add onions and cook for 3 minutes. Tip in the tomatoes and cook for a further three minutes.
Chuck in the garlic, bay leaves, Knorr® Liquid Seasoning, water, ground pepper, beef, liver spread, cooked liver, steak sauce, and balsamic vinegar. Bring to the boil.
Reduce to a medium heat, cover, and allow to cook for 1½ hours, stirring occasionally.
Add the potatoes, hot dogs, and carrots, then season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook for another 10-12 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
Turn off the heat, add cheese, and serve with steamed rice. Enjoy with all the family.