- 20 Min. Prep
- 15 Min. Cook
- 2 Servings
- 565 Calories
A juicy and tender Chinese style meatballs recipe that’s deliciously sweet thanks to the inclusion of dragon fruit and hawthorn juice. A combination of lean pork, shrimp, and Chinese mushroom give the dish well-rounded flavor, while hawthorn sauce and Knorr® Chicken Broth Mix contribute that extra-special touch. For a truly eye-catching meal, the emptied dragon fruit skin can be used to hold the meatball mix.
- 1 piece small dragonfruit
- 13 oz lean pork (ground)
- 2 pieces Chinese mushroom, soaked and chopped
- 4 1/2 oz shrimp, peeled and cleaned, chopped
- 1 stalk green onion, chopped
- Hawthorn sauce: 12 slices hawthorn, steamed, 1 tbsp ketchup, 1 tbsp sugar, dash of salt
- Seasoning: 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, 2 tsp cornstarch, 1/2 tsp Knorr® Chicken Broth Mix
Clean the dragon fruit, then cut it in half. Scoop out the flesh and make it into small balls.
Grind the shrimp, then add the minced pork. Throw in the green onion and Chinese mushroom, then stir in the seasonings. Make into meatballs that are a similar size to the dragon fruit balls.
Heat oil to 250-270F. Deep fry the meatballs until cooked through, then place on a dish and set to one side.
Steam the hawthorn until it melts, then pour into a wok. Add the seasoning ingredients and bring to the boil.
Mix the meatballs and dragon fruit into the mixture and stir well. Serve immediately.