- 24 Min. Prep
- 40 Min. Cook
- 4 Servings
- 1117 Calories
Pancit Bihon is the most popular noodle dish in the Philippines and will usually be present at any and all major events and celebrations. A birthday, BBQ, or Filipino party just isn’t the same without these delicious rice noodles. Our recipe makes use of both pancit bihon and pancit canton and fills out the flavor with Knorr® Liquid Seasoning.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small carrot, peeled and diced small (1 ½ cups)
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 3 pcs Chinese sausage (1 ½ cups) chopped
- 1 ½ cups cooked and shredded chicken thighs (boiled)
- 1 ½ cups cooked and diced lean pork (boiled)
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 3 to 4 tsp Knorr® Liquid Seasoning
- ground pepper
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 package vermicelli noodles or bihon
- 1 package canton
Pre-heat your oil in a large wok for approximately 1 minute. Saute the onions for 2 minutes and add the garlic, stirring for a further 30 seconds.
Add the carrots, celery, cooked chicken, cooked pork and Chinese sausage. Stir, then cover and cook for 3 minutes. Uncover, add the cabbage, and continue stirring. Add Knorr Liquid Seasoning and the ground pepper. Cover and cook for two more minutes.
Transfer the contents of the wok to a bowl and set aside. Take the empty wok and add your broth. Bring to the boil for 2 minutes. Add the bihon noodles and gently press down them to ensure all are submerged.
Add the canton noodles and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Uncover and sprinkle the additional toppings over the dish.
Serve with lemon and soy sauce dips on the side.