- 15 Min. Prep
- 30 Min. Cook
- 4 Servings
- 579 Calories
Explore Filipino-style soul food with this hearty chicken sotanghon soup recipe and give the whole family something to smile about.
- 3.5 oz dried sotanghon or mung bean noodles
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, julienned (cut into thin long, strips)
- 2 tbsp Atsuete oil
- 1 cup cabbage, julienned
- 1/2 lb boneless chicken breast, boiled and shredded
- 6 cups chicken or pork stock
- 1/4 cup Knorr® Liquid Seasoning
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- green onions, thinly sliced
- toasted garlic, garnish
- chili garlic oil, garnish
- soft boiled egg, 4 minutes
In a medium bowl, soak noodles in water for 10 minutes to soften. Once the noodles have softened slice them into preferred lengths using a pair of kitchen shears. Let it stand in water and set it aside.
In a pan, heat Atsuete oil at medium to high heat. Fry garlic and onion until soft. Toss in carrots, cabbage, and shredded chicken breast. Add and stir in chicken and vegetables and let it coat in achuete oil. Transfer to a big pot and pour chicken stock and Knorr Liquid Seasoning on it.
Drain water from noodles and add them to the pan. Season with fish sauce. Let it come to a boil and simmer until vegetables and noodles are cooked.
Lastly, season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Serve hot with extra toasted garlic.