- 10 Min. Prep
- 20 Min. Cook
- 8 Servings
- 3175 Calories
Discover our authentic Chinese deep-fried white radish and dried oysters cake and enjoy a deliciously crisp snack that takes no time at all to prepare. Built from a shrimp, radish, mushroom, and oyster base, these golden cakes benefit from beautiful seasoning and fresh flavors. Knorr® Chicken Broth Mix combines well with soy sauce, sesame oil, and oyster oil to create a complex and well-rounded dish that can’t be bettered on taste.
- 26 1/2 oz white radish, shredded
- 8 pieces dried oyster, soaked and chopped
- 8 pieces Chinese mushroom, soaked and shredded
- 1/2 cup dried shrimp, soaked
- 2 stalks green onion, chopped
- 6 oz glutinous rice flour
- 3 oz rice flour
- 1 tbsp Knorr® Chicken Broth Mix
- 6 cups water
- Seasoning: 1 tsp salt, 2 tsp soy sauce, 1 tsp sesame oil, 2 tsp oyster oil, 1 tsp sugar, 1/4 tsp white pepper
Peel the white radish, then wash and grate it. Boil the grated radish with Knorr® Chicken Broth Mix and salt for approximately 10 minutes. You’ll know it’s ready when it turns transparent.
Drain and tip the radish into a bowl to cool down. Keep the radish water for use later on.
Add the dried oysters, shrimps, mushrooms, green onion, sugar, pepper, and other seasonings to the radish. Mix well.
Stir in the glutinous rice flour, rice flour, and 1½ cups of radish water and combine until smooth.
Heat a pan with oil. Pour in part of the mixture to form a round, cake-shaped pancake. Pan fry until both sides are golden brown. Serve while hot.