Learn How To Prepare This Filipino Seafood Special And Master The Art Of Adobong Pusit
- 15 Min. Prep
- 15 Min. Cook
- 8 Servings
- 268 Calories
Cook up a storm with this delicious adobong pusit recipe – baby squid simmered in soy sauce and given a heavenly kick with Knorr® Liquid Seasoning. Allow to thicken for an extra special sauce or serve early for a soup-style dish.
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and sliced thinly
- 3 1/2 lbs baby squid – cleaned and washed
- 3/4 cup to 1 cup palm vinegar
- 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup soy sauce or more (depending on your taste)
- 3 tbsp Knorr® Liquid Seasoning
- lots of ground pepper
- (dried bay leaves – if using)
Heat oil in a large pan for 1 minute, then add the garlic and cook for a further minute. Tip in the onion and cook for 2minutes. Add the squid.
Immediately add the soy sauce and vinegar. Start with the smaller amount and add more to satisfy your tastes. Throw in the bay leaves and pepper.
Cover the pan, turn the heat down low and cook for 10 minutes.
The dish can be served as is or the squid can be removed and the sauce simmered until thick.
Season with patis and serve to an overjoyed family.