- 15 Min. Prep
- 60 Min. Cook
- 4 Servings
- 691 Calories
Check out this staple in the home of @heartsandkrafts and at every Filipino special occasion. This Kare Kare or oxtail Stew gets its signature taste by incorporating peanut butter in the recipe. It’s a complete dish with meat, vegetables, and savory sauce made with Knorr® Liquid Seasoning.
- 3 lbs oxtail
- 5 cups water (enough to cover the meat)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 3 tbsp of Knorr® Liquid Seasoning
- 3/4 to 1 cup peanut butter (add more if you want it thick and creamy)
- 1 large sliced Chinese eggplant (optional)
- 1/2 cup of green beans
- 1 cup of bok choy
- 1 tsp of annatto powder
- 1/4 cup shrimp paste for serving on the side
Combine in your Instant Pot the oxtail, water, onion and salt. Pressure cook for 35 minutes and natural pressure release (NPR) for 10 minutes.
Blanch the eggplant, green beans and bok choy and set aside.
Using the stew mode on the Instant Pot add Knorr® Liquid Seasoning fish sauce, annatto powder, and peanut butter.
Add more peanut butter and/or fish sauce to taste.
Add the blanched vegetables and serve with steamed white rice and shrimp paste!