- 10 Min. Prep
- 20 Min. Cook
- 2 Servings
- 517 Calories
Taste this fish and bean curd recipe for a truly authentic Chinese culinary experience and learn how to cook our favorite steamed cake. While fish paste, lean pork, and soft bean curd form the heart of the dish, the finishing touches are provided by Knorr® Chicken Broth Mix and a combination of oyster and soy sauce – all of which come together to give the recipe a beautifully balanced depth of flavor.
- 6 1/2 oz fish paste
- 2 oz lean ground pork
- 6 pieces soft bean curd, diced
- 1 oz dried shrimp, soaked and chopped
- 2 stalks green onion, chopped
- A bit of chopped carrot
- Sauce: 2 1/2 tsp sugar, 1/2 tsp Knorr® Chicken Broth Mix, 1 1/2 tsp oyster sauce, 1 tbsp light soy sauce, 2 tsp cooking oil or vegetable oil
- Seasoning Sauce: 3/4 tsp Knorr® Clear Chicken Broth, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch, a dash of white pepper
Mix the fish paste, dried shrimp, and lean ground pork together, then sprinkle over the seasoning ingredients and stir well.
Combine all of the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Combine the sauce with the shrimp and pork mixture and mix thoroughly.
Add half of the chopped green onion and all of the bean curd. Blend well.
Transfer the mixture to a well-oiled dish and spread evenly. Sprinkle chopped carrot over the top.
Place the dish in a steamer, cover, and steam over a moderate heat for 10-15 minutes, Remove the dish and garnish with the remaining green onion. Serve hot.
Appetizers and Snacks, Chinese, Knorr® Chicken Broth Mix, Knorr® Clear Chicken Broth, Lunch, Pork, Seafood